- Narrell Byrne EAL Guidance – Practical guidance, processes and adaptable resources to develop a whole school framework for supporting EAL learners in Post-Primary
- Download the Duolingo App, sign up for a free account and spend 20 minutes a day learning English through playing games. The app will track your progress. Also visit the website.
- agendaweb.org – Test yourself with these online exercises on grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, listening and speaking. Includes worksheets. Easy to navigate.
- eltbase.com – Resources for teachers and students; worksheets, quizzes, notes and other online resources. Most suitable for older students at levels from intermediate to advanced, although some resources are suitable for younger learners and lower levels. Try one of the quizzes!
- engvid.com – Great short video lessons for students. Watch one of the video lessons on pronunciation and practise saying sounds and difficult words.
- flocabulary.com – We love this! Hip hop videos on different subjects with subtitles and exercises. Go to “current events” and choose “the week in rap” for a weekly rap on what is happening in the world. You need to create a free account to use this site.
- kidseslgames.com – Some fun interactive games but be careful there are a lot of ads on this website.
- starfall.com – Website to help students with reading. Explore the talking library.
- bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish – Includes recent news reports that you can listen to and read with key vocabulary being highlighted. There are quizzes, Friday Phrase, pronunciation help, grammar and topic specific vocabulary.
- elsp.ie – Junior and Leaving Cert curriculum support material aimed at teachers
Back to Free Resources for Distance Learning List