PDST recommended Distance Learning Resources here https://www.pdst.ie/DistanceLearning
Latest info and announcements from DES https://www.education.ie/covid19
Home learning and online collaboration sites
- Google Classroom – free web service, developed by Google for schools, that aims to simplify creating, distributing, and grading assignments in a paperless way.
- Scoilnet – Official education portal of the Department of Education and Skills in Ireland. Curriculum focused resources and support for primary and post primary teachers.
- Kialo Edu – a free platform, designed to encourage thoughtful classroom discussion and assist teachers in the teaching of critical thinking.
- Kahoot – a free game-based learning platform that makes it fun to learn – any subject, in any language, on any device, for all ages!
- Quizizz – Free gamified quizzes for every subject to play in class and at home. Pick an existing quiz or create your own for review, formative assessment, and more.
- Zoom – video and audio conferencing
- Authorfy – brings readers and writers closer together through interactive video masterclasses, fun downloadable activities, and exciting after school club resources.
- Audiopi– free access to over 2000+ educational podcasts
- Giftedkids.ie For students who want to challenge themselves
- senteacher.org/ – Free Special Needs Teaching Resources Since 1999
- khanacademy.org – You can learn anything. Expert-created content and resources for every course and level.
- List of education companies offering free subscriptions
- Reliable Sources of Information curated by PDST
- RTE Learn – a resource for teachers
- CPD- online course created specifically to support teachers in Irish schools that have been closed because of COVID-19.
- Rahoo.ie are a Department of Education Approved Provider of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for Teachers. We have a team of passionate and dedicated Professional Tutors nationwide from a variety of specialisms in education.