- Sheila Flaherty – Art Tutorials
- EGS Art
- Leaving Cert Art History
- Virtual Art Galleries – This resource allows students to visit some of the greatest art galleries/museums in the world. This doc was compiled by Art teacher Lorrayne Murphy, Thomond Community College, Limerick
- Junior Cert Business – Clever Cloggs Weebly
- The Business Guys – Leaving Cert Business and Accountancy
- Mc Carthy Business Notes
- SGC Business Notes
- Shakespeare plays on RTE – Over the coming weeks, RTÉ will screen a series of classic BBC productions of plays by William Shakespeare, aimed at students – the productions will be available post-broadcast on RTÉ Player.
- Students: LC and JC notes in poster form offering Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet, The Great Gatsby, Blood Brothers and hundreds more. Everything you need in one place, divided into clear sections of plot summary and analysis,characters, themes, symbols and quotes.
- Sccenglish.ie -Students: LC English resources – sections on Hamlet, poetry and revision strategies. 15 video/audio analyses of key moments in Gatsby.
- Sparknotes.com/shakespeare – Students: LC & JC – No Fear full original texts of Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet and more. Side by side translated to modern English.
- Students: Leaving Cert Poetry notes from Gill Books – 2-3 page summary and analyses of HL & OL prescribed poems.
- Teachingenglish.org.uk/resources/secondary/stories-poems – For teachers: downloadable free teacher notes and student worksheets from the British Council. The Stories and Poems section is particularly good with a range of short stories, novel extracts and poetry (many with audio files) targeted to teens and categorized by ability and age group. Aiming to develop listening skills, comprehension and understanding of theme.
- Scholastic Classroom Magazines – For teachers: Scholastic Learning at home, although US-based there is plenty to recommend in their 2 Covid 19 weeks of free resources. Short articles and fiction, covering literacy in science, maths and pop culture, magazine style. Some embedded videos, a text to speech function & teaching worksheets for some articles. US grades 7-9 covers 1st-3rd year and are closest to student interest level, but teachers can differentiate by assigning lower grade articles to students.
- Leaving Cert Irish Notes
- MccGaeilge – Leaving Cert and Junior Cert Irish Notes
- Leaving Cert Resources Compiled by Geography Teacher Eoin Hughes
- Junior Cert Resources Compiled by Geography Teacher Eoin Hughes
- Pres Wex Junior Cert Geography
- Pres Wex Leaving Cert Geography
- Leaving Cert Geography Notes
- The Geography Page – Sample Essays
- Eoin Hughes Geography Videos
- Internet Geography.net
- History Matters 365
- Operation History
- Mount Temple Leaving Cert History
- St Kevins College Leaving Cert History
- Cork History Teachers Association You Tube – Leaving Cert and Junior Cycle History Videos
- Calmast.ie/ and mathsweek.ie/ Resources and games that support STEM. The coordinators and the driving force behind MathsWeek .
- Maths Circles -Useful problem-solving exercises. Has some more advanced problems to challenge students
- Have You Got Maths Eyes – Real life applications of mathematics, interesting insights and fun ways to learn. Has some competitions
- Mathsisfun.com – Easily negotiated website – covering all areas of maths from primary to Junior Cert. Lots of games and interactive elements
- Seandelaney.com/ – Excellent ideas from Dr. Sean Delaney on how parents can best help their children with their education including in maths
- Nrich.maths.org/ – Covers all topics and ages from preschool to leaving cert. Very easy to navigate site
- Pdst.ie/ and https://www.scoilnet.ie/ – An excellent bank of resources and supports for maths and other subjects at both primary and secondary level
- Mangahigh.com -Game based learning – puzzles and challenges – good for Maths Week challenges
- Mathletics.com/uk/ – Reward based maths learning – requires a subscription but has a free trial to try before you decide to buy
- Free PE lessons with The Body Coach – Joe Wicks is providing free PE lessons every weekday morning live at 9am. For more physical activity go to our Wellbeing section here
Politics and Society
- Microsoft Make Code are offering free daily lessons in coding
- Blockly – computer programming skills – fun and free
- Tinkercad– all kinds of making (3D, electronic, codeblocks, minecraft)
- Physicscentral.com/explore/comics -Free comic books to get you excited about physics!
- Nasa Kids Club
- Nasa’s free image library
- Eureka Physics for Junior Cert Science and Intro to Leaving Cert
- Biology Bugbears
- The Conical Flask – Enter Biology Course and Presentations
- Mr. C Biology Notes
- Leaving Cert Biology Notes
- Leaving Cert Biology Definitions Quizlet
- Leaving Cert Biology.. Net
- Senior Cycle Biology Videos
- Introductory Biology Videos
- Diverse Biology Videos
- Physics Teacher – Biology Notes
- JC Science Biodiversity
- Ameoba Sisters – JC Sceince Videos
- What is habitat? JC Science
Other Curriculum Areas
- Duolingo -Learn languages for free; either web-based or app.
- S-cool.co.uk -Revision for a number of English curriculum areas: word glossaries and visual activities
- BBC.co.uk/schools – Activities and resources for a wide range of curriculum areas including intercultural awareness
- Into Film
- Literacy Shed
- Crash Course – YouTube videos on lots of subjects
- The Kids Should See This – Wide range of fun educational videos
- Bilingual dictionaries available for free download
- Theodora.com/wfb/abc_world_fact_book -Information on a variety of countries and cultures
- Education.vic.gov.au/Resource/ -Alphabetical listing of world country profiles, including – Flags, Maps, Economy, Geography, Climate, Natural Resources, Current Issues etc
- Krysstal.com – This site has many facts and figures about different cultures, countries, nationalities and so on
- Elsp.ie – Excellent for supporting the teaching of post primary curriculum language
- Ppds.ie – This is the Primary Professional Development Service website that includes EAL materials
- Primaryresources.co.uk/letters – Translated letters in a number of languages